by Carrie Havranek
News flash, readers!
Laini’s Little Pocket Guide is giving away a $100 gift certificate to Emeril’s Italian Table in Bethlehem. We though we’d make it fun by offering some parameters. If you want a shot at winning the gift certificate, we’d like you to write us a poem. Yes, you read that correctly. In honor of National Poetry Month, LLPG wants you to get creative and write us a poem and somehow work Emeril and food into it.
Here are the rules:
1. Poems must be a minimum of 12 lines and need to be about food in some capacity; working in Emeril would be ideal but isn’t 100 percent necessary. Perhaps the menu will inspire you?
2. Poems don’t have to rhyme, but if you want to break out a hidden talent and bust a rhyme or a few, go for it.
3. Poems should be submitted in the comments field of this post. You must then do one of two things:
- Tweet the link to this story and tell us (@writercarrie and @LainiAbraham) that you’ve entered the contest by writing your poem.
- Leave a comment with this story’s link on the post about this contest on the Facebook page for Laini’s Little Pocket Guide to Bethlehem.
4. Write the poem by Friday, April 20, at 5pm.LLPG will narrow it down to three and create a new post which will go up by Monday, April 23, at 9am. Readers then have until 9pm Monday night to vote on their favorite in the comments field. The winner will be announced on this web site on Tuesday morning.
Previous contest winners and family members of LLPG need not apply. Only one entry per person.
Saturday, April 21st UPDATE:
Small change of plans. We’ve decided to not narrow down to three. So as of right now, voting will begin! You are voting for your favorite of the poems which have been entered below. Please vote using the writer’s name. The following are the names to vote for:
Please vote by simply writing their name in a comment. Please vote for only one. Voting will be open until 9 pm Monday night. The winner will be announced Tuesday. Thank you to everyone who entered and good luck!